Friday, October 13, 2017

Installation at Nancy Margolis and Gorky's Granddaughter


  











































Above are installation images from my show at Nancy Margolis Gallery this past month.  There is a digital catalog here which has all 15 paintings, two are not documented here.



You can also see the show in video format on Gorky's Granddaughter below.  

Zach and Chris generously came to the show and we discussed the work on camera.  You can watch me repeatedly refuse to make any revelatory insights or sweeping statements.  I think it makes the work seem a little more simplistic than I hope it is, but I would rather that than the alternative. 

The alternative manifests itself in this 6 minute 'Jim Carrey, I Needed Color' film which is simultaneously my biggest fear and my favorite art documentary ever.  Please do yourself a favor and watch here.  I hope everyday that he comes out and declares it a mediocre comedic riff on us painters,  but so far no such luck.



2 comments:

Gerald Blanco said...

The video in " The granddaughter of Gorky" is amazing, I am charmed with it the form is that the energies take form.

Aubrey Levinthal said...

Thank you so much!

Post a Comment