Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Pick: James Lambert






Here is some work by James Lambert, a painter I discovered just this week.  I came across a little painting of his on the Curating Contemporary blog and was really pleased when I got to his website.

I am particularly taken with the first and last works presented here, they push and pull and flirt with imagery/representation in a way that I just keep looking.  

The show referenced by CC was a group show Lambert was in at the Contemporary Arts Center in Las Vegas.  Unfortunately, the show closed a few weeks ago and there aren't many installation shots but there is a great little blurb about the show: 

"This group of painters make work that falls somewhere between representation and abstraction. They push boundaries that make you question what you are looking at. These mysterious qualities can make the familiar unknown and the unfamiliar known."

Took the words right out of my mouth.


P.S. This is my 300th post, feeling pretty good that I've kept it going for over three years, thanks for sticking with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment