Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Pick: Gérard Gasiorowski's Flowers








 



 I saw a poster print of Gérard Gasiorowski flowers hanging in a medical researcher's office (weirdly enough) and quickly texted the spelling of his name to myself to look into later.  Turns out there isn't much to find out online, biographies and images are in short order.  I did manage to find out he lived from 1930-1986 in France and that his work spanned a spectrum of paintings, drawings, photographs and sculpture of all sorts.  However, none was as captivating and rich to me as his simple paintings of flowers in pots and so today they are my pick.


1 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you for posting these, they are so sensitive and inventive. I have flower painting on my list (until the last Saturday of the farmer's market here), and I am excited for sources of inspiration and learning !
Of course painting is painting, is painting, you would think subject matter should make no difference, but mostly is in what makes us run to our brushes... Have a lovely week;-)

Post a Comment